Allie


Saturday, March 10

katsuya opens in san diego (!!!)

I had been to a Katsuya back in the day in LA and when I heard one was opening here in San Diego, needless to say I was ecstatic. My mom's in town this weekend and I figured it'd be the perfect place to start our food-filled feastly weekend. From my previous Katsuya experience, though everything was to die for, I particularly remember the soft-shell crab being something to write home about. Even so, I was not prepared for the epic feast that was about to occur. This was most definitely the best meal I've had in a while. Every single thing we ordered [and we ordered a lot] was better than the next. From the green iced tea to the kobe beef skewers, I was in heaven. Though it's hard to choose which dish was the winner, I'm going to have to go with the miso-marinated cod. The fish cut like butter on the inside but had a semi-crispy and sweet layer on the outside. The asian-inspired flavors melded perfectly together and every bite of this delectable dish was like an explosion of happiness in your mouth. Call me dramatic ['cause I am] but it's true. This was the best dish i've eaten all year!!

interior... awesome chandelier 

soft shell crab

 miso-marinated black cod

almond-crusted scallops

kobe beef skewers

 mama bear

After finishing the best meal of 2012 [maybe 2011 too], we had to stop ordering food and leave [though I could have eaten everything on that menu]. I recommend a reservation as the newly opened Katsuya San Diego is most likely on the fast track to becoming one of the best restaurants and trendiest hot spots in the area. needless to say, I will be back soon [tomorrow maybe... just kidding... maybe...].


{kitties saying byebye!}

No comments: